Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Electricity

"The sparrow" (my latest shrink) came to see me today to see how I was getting on. I assured her all was well and I was doing fine; I am managing to crawl out of bed in the mornings and I have started writing music again. We spoke at length about all sorts of things. She asked me what I was like between my ups and downs, I told her I had never been the same since I had ECT. Whether it was the severity of the illness at that time or the ECT itself I didn't know but I have certainly lost my "sparkle". I used to be so outgoing, talkative and gregarious. I used to dominate the conversation with my friends and enjoy "holding court" and showing off my "dazzling wit". Nowadays, even when "well", I am quiet, lacking in confidence and usually just listen to my supportive mates talk, unable to initiate conversation. I suppose I am able to talk most freely when writing on here.


No comments: