Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pills

The Abilify made me feel pukey. I had a week of nausea and reflux (and that was without watching any reality TV). I got some Zantac (Ranitidine) and that sorted it out. The sickness is almost gone now, apparently it's usually just a transient thing when starting some meds. Unfortunately it never suppressed my appetite and I continue to eat constantly.


The alcohol doesn't help either but of course that's something I no longer discuss with the doctors since they tried to take away my driving licence. Not that driving is a big issue, I think I've only been out a couple of times this year. Speaking of doctors, Moonstone came again last week and upped the Abilify to 15mg. I said I hadn't noticed any benefit from it yet. I'm not taking the Diazepam anymore as I'm now feeling really good. They gave me fifty six 5mg Valium tablets so I have stashed them away for a rainy day. Is that misuse? Or would it be misuse if I continued to take them when I don't really need them? Anyway, Dr Moonstone Woodstock said the Abilify will take 2-3 weeks to kick in. I'm only sleeping around 4 hours a night just now, from 2-6am. I go to bed with my mp3 player and (thanks to pirated peer to peer stuff) listen to audiobooks. I was really disappointed to come to the end of Stephen King's Dark Tower series, really enjoyed those books. Now have to decide between Bill Bryson, Stieg Larsson and Michael Connelly.




I'm still really busy and can't really sit still and just chill but I've managed to be more productive and have recorded four new songs. I'm also planning to build a new computer and have spent ages researching how to go about it the cheapest but best way. I'm forcing myself to wait until we come back from holiday. Speaking of holidays, it's this Thursday we go. Moonstone is coming to see me the day before we go. I will have to do my best to sit still and look cool calm and collective. It's a funny old game this being a loony. You have to put a lot of effort into making the right impression on the doctors so you can get what you want and they can get what they want. Strangely enough, theirs is the easy job. And even more stranger is the fact that they are often real fuckin' weirdos... madder than us!

No comments: