Sunday, December 20, 2009

That'll Be Christmas

I can't really be arsed to write anything. It's been about 3 weeks now. It's not that I'm down or anything. No, I'm just a bit flat and finding it hard to initiate anything. I have the beginnings of a new album I've started recording waiting on me patiently in my studio (i.e. small boxroom/big cupboard... but studio sounds a bit flasher) but I can't bear to continue it at the moment.




However, I have been doing things. I have started presenting my show on community radio again, my own special nauseus blend of classic rock, pop and self promotion.

I also organised a christmas lunch for my friends last weekend... well I say lunch, everyone left around two o'clock apart from me and my mate who stayed out drinking for 12 hours until the pubs closed. The first time I've been out in the boozer for years. The pubs were amazingly dead quiet. They must have heard I was coming.




I was of course punished for my sin of binge drinking and the good lord in all his glory saw fit to strike me down with the fucking cold once again!!! I had only just recovered from the last one.




Despite a few inches of snow outside, Mrs Mo has driven south with her friend to Newcastle to see Mamma Mia on stage tonight. She was suddenly given free tickets from her boss whose wife has just left him.... well "every cloud" I guess. I told her I wasn't worried about her driving in this weather but I don't think I convinced her (maybe I shouldn't have looked out her life insurance policy ;o)). Anyway, I've finally got bored playing Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook and decided to write something instead to try and distract me.

I still haven't heard anything back from the DVLA despite their letter of 14th November assuring  me they would notify me of their decision within 14 days. Quelle surprise. El bastardos talko mierda.

Oh, and despite writing the best Christmas single for years, poor old Thea Gilmore hasn't even made the charts. If you like the track you can download it for free at Amazon.com

2 comments:

saltedlithium said...

I hope it was a great Christmas, a memorable New Year's Eve, that there'll be way more good days than bad ones in the coming year and, on the bad days, I know you've got the strength to do what must be done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAohtjG14c

It's great to see you posting again.

Mo said...

Hi Gabriel
Thanks for all your encouragement
Wishing you all the best for 2010
mo