Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Jump

My pal Simon took me out today. God, it sounds like I'm a poodle with my own personal doggy walker. Anyway, he's a professional photographer and he took some great pictures of the salmon run. Karma ensured that I knew my place in the grand scheme of things and appropriately ensured that I only captured an image of a brown trout.



We stopped at a bakers on the way home for hot pies and coffee (these are the healthy options in Scotland). The women working in the shop (I use the term "working" loosely, interpret that as standing about looking gormless, utterly miserable and loathe to respond to any customers) tried their best to ignore us but as we were the only people in the shop they eventually had to renege. Four of them served us at once while the one working the till put us through a grueling round of "Question Time" to try and discover what we had ordered and how much we owed her.




Obviously she couldn't possibly communicate with her co-workers who were too busy rolling their eyes and telling us that everything we wanted was sold out. I tried some merry banter with them to lighten their spirits but they just glowered at me like I was some crazed serial killer.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So very happy you decided to come back.
:)

Mo said...

Thanks Kate. That's really kind of you.
Best Wishes
mo